Monday, November 2, 2009

Embarressment


Today I was headed home from taking Lilly to school. I was on the phone and wasn't paying as much attention as I could have but as much as you normally do in normal traffic. However, anyone who has been here has noticed I live past 2 sets of train tracks. Joshy loves it when I go slow over the train tracks so he can look both ways to see if there are any stopped or slow trains. (See, I was paying attention enough to do this little tradition, even without him asking.) However, when I got close to the train track, the train bell...bing, bing, bing, started. It freaked me out because my front windows were open and it was so loud. I panicked, with the phone still at my ear. Luckily Brent heard all the commotion. Because I panicked I didn't just speed up and race through the intersection, which I would have had plenty of time to do. Nope. I slammed on my brakes instead. That meant I now had to reverse out of the intersection before the train or crossing arm got me. OH, not so lucky! I went into park instead and the arm did indeed come down on the top of the car. That was embarrassing, but then I still had to back up...as the arm slid down, down, down the car. Luckily my car wasn't messed up but I am sure that my antenna didn't appreciate the abuse. All I can say is that I am glad I didn't get smashed by the train! I am sure there is a lesson here to be learned.

4 comments:

Em said...

Im glad you guys are ok!

Cindy said...

HOly Cow Laila! I can imagine that you were panicked! I'm glad your car survived the abuse, and that you didn't get up close and personal with a train!

Maria said...

Wow, its so easy to see that happening its just rediculous. Glad your all still alive. Much love

Apache Watsons said...

Yikes, and again, Yikes!!