Monday, September 29, 2008

I just have to share....

Okay guys, I just have to share my good news of the morning!!!

One of my poems was just selected to be read at BYU-Idaho's semesterly Pre-Professional conference... AND it won first place in its category! The PPC is a big deal for English and Communication majors here at BYU-I. They always have all sorts of cool guest speakers (last fall it was Orson Scott Card) in addition to the student readings. I admit to being cocky enough to think my poems were good enough to be selected for reading, but I NEVER thought that any of them would win a prize—and I REALLY never thought that one would win FIRST place! I am, needless to say, seriously excited over here.

To read the full story check out my blog!

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

That is so cool Cindy Lynn!

AmShaZam said...

Hey- good on ya! So, are you going to submit it to the Ensign now? Or somewhere else? You should!

abstowe said...

Great job Cindy Lynn! I can't believe you were just a little tiny girl writing your heart out and now you are a grown up lady winning contest because you write your heart out!

cindy baldwin said...

The Ensign? Not sure it's quite Ensign material . . .

AmShaZam said...

Yeah- that's why I qualified it with "somewhere else".

Nathan and Margaret said...

I think this is SOOOO ultimately cool! Of cource you should have published on the website. I am imagining it is on yours. Never mind. Put it on the family one so I can find it!!!! But I am so proud of you and so happy for you!!!!

Duh, I knew it all along. !!!!!