Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rock On!

Tonight we had a going-to-Arizona party for Ben and Jenny at our house, and it was soon decided that we needed a distraction for Andra or she might just kidnap little Scarlet from Grant and Sage. So, thanks to some fast-thinkin' and our Wii, we got everyone (almost--Jeremy and Maria would not subject themselves to the humiliation, apparently!) to rock out to Rock Band.


The girl band did much better than the boy band- with better dancing by far! Sage was on drums, Andra (who looks very serious) on bass guitar, Jenny on lead guitar and yours truly on vocals. I nearly hyperventilated we were rocking out seriously. You try dancing and yelling/singing at the same time!


Here we have the boy band- Grant on drums (he needed to rest his voice after a rousing rendition of Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive") Bob and Ben on guitars. These two were very serious and focused rockers. They would "dance" (a.k.a. "sway") in unison.


Jeff is on vocals here, singing "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer, and doing a fine job at it, too! Grant is demonstrating how, with perhaps a curly mullet, leather pants and no shirt, he could've been a true rock drummer. Also, you can see Bob on the upswing of his one and only dance move.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so truly bummed to have missed this!!!!

I am Sam said...

i could have sold tickets!!!

somestratt said...

Can you call me seriously envious??? I really want to have been there with you guys rocking out! Oh the times I have missed in the last 5 years. But the times I have had at the same time. Se la vi.

abstowe said...

So, Amber, did that last comment hurt your eyes too?
And Lai - we missed you guys, but thank goodness I was so distracted by little tiny Scarlet!

somestratt said...

Hey, dont poak fun at my gramer. Eye onlee git a fiw spare secunds at the computr and dont hav time to spel chek!

AmShaZam said...

Ah well, c'est la vie!

somestratt said...

OH! its the wrong spelling of the foriegn language you guys are poking fun about. Darn us mono-lingual fokes. At least I don't spell Wha-la like that anymore!

I am Sam said...

is grant in the 3rd pic drumming on his head?