Friday, September 26, 2008

Lunch with Lilly

Laila was feeling sick today (not pregnant) and asked if I would come home for lunch and get the kids some food and in bed for naps. As soon as I got home Laila went and laid down (not pregnant) and soon after I had Josh in bed (who also is not pregnant).

Then Lilly and I had a little lunch date of chicken nuggets and grapes. Lilly said the prayer and it went something like this "Heavenly Father, thanks for the day, help me be good, bless mommy to feel better so we can put up Halloween decorations, Jesus Christ Amen." Now we know why a mom's good health is so important.

Later we were talking about when I would come home from work and how the Father and Sons camp out that had been planed was canceled due to the rain. She smiled and said "Yea, now we can go on the Princess camp out." The Princess camp out is much like a Father and Sons only with Princesses instead of sons and pink tents are strongly encouraged. She spent several minutes telling me the importance of having a pink tent but was finally satisfied that we could use the red kid tent.

3 comments:

AmShaZam said...

So, knowing Brent's sense of humor, this story could be either to mock us for assuming Laila IS pregnant, or it could be a clever way of making an announcement. The jury is still out.

abstowe said...

You know, if she is, he is such a dead man! Perhaps they will be the first couple to do a transfer of pregnancy so Brent can carry, deliver AND breastfeed!

somestratt said...

Amber...I do agree. Brents sense of humor does lend you to wonder what he really means. I AM NOT PREGNANT, but feel similarly flu sick.

Andra...am I that bad??? Brent says that he wouldnt mind having a set of his own....yuck...