Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Suprise!


So, Em and I went to IHOP last week...
We were shocked when we ordered our food , and it appeared in less than 5 minutes. The restaurant was quite crowded... so i began to think of the great tip out waitress was working on...
Then I ran out of my beverage.
Then we finished eating.
then we waited for about 30 mintues more for our waitress to show back up... (she also said she'd get maple syrup, but i won't be petty...) so we could get our check and continue on our activities...
I finally gave up...
After we had made our flatware into a statue.
I decided to go up and ask the check stand for a copy of the check so we could leave...
This is the first time I have not left a tip.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Sam--love your sculpture! We are big silverware sculpturers ourselves. Sometimes IHOP is slow, and when we had 3 2year olds we had to figure out something to entertain them. So we built with the silverware. But nothing as elaborate or fantastic as yours.

I agree on the no tip thing. Geeze--she forgot you!

somestratt said...

you know, it take some people a LOT of effort to finish a job!!! Sounds like your waitress is one of them! Great sculpture!

AmShaZam said...

At our IHOP, you're supposed to pay up front, not with the waitress. But the lack of water and syrup...inexcusable.

Nathan and Margaret said...

As a committed "Diner Dash" player. . .(available on mostfungames.com) you are a lot like a lot of my customers on the game. Except smoke comes out of their ears. They do not make me pretty sculptures. After that they vanish like you and em did!