Saturday, February 2, 2008

Almost Home

Here are some pictures of house progress. Bob worked on this wood floor last night until midnight while I swept the house. Whew! Bob and my favorite brother Jeff will be working on the floor all day today. Who wants to be my favorite next weekend???


This is one of my favorite rooms. The pantry! The builder had the shelves on the left side and on the back then asked if I wanted shelves on the right too. My mind just kept saying "you can never have too many shelves!

This is the entry into the living room


This is the kid's toy room. There are two little doorways on each wall. I hope the kids will like the little "cubby" play areas.

The closets even have great shelves! I am so excited about having space to put things!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! It looks so great! I am so excited that I get to see it in a few months!

What's your move-in date now?

abstowe said...

Who knows! It was supposed to be this weekend, but as President Hinkley said - it is always more expensive and costs more than you anticipate....

Jeremy said...

Hinkleys law " It will cost more and take longer than they say". When do you expect to be in? It is looking fantastic.

abstowe said...

We hoped to be in this coming weekend, but probably not for another week or two. At least it is not another month or two!

Nathan and Margaret said...

Hey, this house is totally cool. What are the two doors beside the fireplace? More storage back there? The kids are going to love the play nooks. They love anything that is more their size. I am loving the house. Please keep the pictures of that coming.

Cindy said...

Yeah--Jeannie and I were wondering about the places by the fireplace too.

So is the big playroom where I get to stay when I come visit?

abstowe said...

The places beside the fireplace will be cabinet doors on the bottom that match the kitchen cabinets. They will hide our firewood and our newspapers that we burn. On top, they will be open display cabinets with lights that shine down and glass shelves. Cabinet guy's idea. I am not sure I have anything nice enough to go in display cabinets!
As for the guest room - it is on the opposite end of the house from the big play room (which will be colder as it is over the garage). So, nice warm big guestroom - who is first???

abstowe said...

The places beside the fireplace will be cabinet doors on the bottom that match the kitchen cabinets. They will hide our firewood and our newspapers that we burn. On top, they will be open display cabinets with lights that shine down and glass shelves. Cabinet guy's idea. I am not sure I have anything nice enough to go in display cabinets!
As for the guest room - it is on the opposite end of the house from the big play room (which will be colder as it is over the garage). So, nice warm big guestroom - who is first???

Cindy said...

Me first! Me first! Put me down for the last day of April or 1st day of May--I'm not sure which!