Friday, February 1, 2008

Anniversary



I hope it's OK if I post something about your Mom. I never knew Cindy Watson, but I look forward to the day we meet. I have thought about her often, as I've been packing up things here at the house. Every once in a while, as I'm moving from room to room, I feel her presence, as if she's walking with me, saying goodbye, as I am, to walls, and doors, and floors, that created a home full of love and laughter and happy memories.

Last Sunday we had our Visiting Teacher's Convention in Relief Society. At the end of the program some time was turned over to the Sisters to stand and tell of their memories of a Visiting Teacher who had blessed their lives. Melissa Wray stood and said her best Visiting Teacher was Cindy Watson. Then she told of how your Mom had blessed her life by the wonderful example she set of patience and love in raising you children. She spoke of watching your Mom and trying to emulate her example with her own children.

What I have learned of your mother I have learned from people whose lives she has touched and blessed in a way that has engraven herself into their hearts forever. She is remembered with fondness and love by the people of Hendersonville, and althought the Watson family is leaving, Cindy Watson lives on in the hearts of these people forever.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

That is so lovely--thank you Ramona!

somestratt said...

And just barely pregnant (that is what the just barely P means.) Mom was a great visiting teacher.

abstowe said...

Now if only we could all be like her. I guess we'll keep trying!
Ramona - Thank you so much for the post. It reminds us of how blessed we have been.

Jeremy said...

She was something else. Thank you Ramona for the tribute. We love you.