Thursday, January 31, 2008

Anniversaries

Hi everyone. Well, I just noticed that just a few days ago was the 10th anniversary since mom died. When I realized this it hit me hard. Not negatively hard, but just with more influence than any of the other years. Who knows why. So, I was just wondering if you guys had any interest in posting any pictures or more importantly memories about mom, so the we can share and remember her a little. Hope you don't mind me bringing up a not so fun thing, but I couldn't help myself. I really felt a need, and would love you guys to feed my need with some memories. So, lets see if I can come up with a memory for you.

Well known...the I am going to pee my pants, cant stop laugh. Gotta love the memory of that one!
Less well known...I don't know who got to see mom exercising with her Denise Austin video and home aid step but it was the best. She did it daily for a long time. She loved Denise!

4 comments:

somestratt said...

The sound of the metal spoon stirring the grits. Or how she cooked "Chicken Chow Mein" for Sunday dinner for a long time. Or when I was really little how she didn't cook breakfast on Sunday mornings and we had cereal. Or, dare I say it, the douche, which we only saw as some really fun yet forbidden toy!!!!! Yes, these are really memories of mom, which is what I call her when she visits, non drug induced.

Apache Watsons said...

So that's where she goes when she isn't here!
I actually have been thinking about he a lot lately. Miss her. (when she goes away to visit you monkeys)

abstowe said...

Eww, laila! I keep trying to forget that nasty toy she kept on her bathroom counter. Yeuck! That must be why I hide EVERYTHING personal from my kids!!! Again - YEUCH
I'm so sorry I have been hogging mom. See, she actually lives here and comes to see the rest of you when life gets boring here (hardly ever).

Cindy said...

Ok, I'm still laughing about the nasty toy!! It was very evident, wasn't it!