Thursday, January 10, 2008

OCS - Officer Candidate School

The day has finally arrived. I'm scheduled to ship to Fort McClellan, Alabama today to begin 8 weeks of hellish training known as OCS. It's just like boot camp all over again except that now instead of being expected to know nothing and do what you're told, you're expected to serve in positions of leadership all day, everyday and accomplish little missions and time-hacks. That means they give you impossible tasks and impossible times to be there and right or wrong, you're wrong and can't accomplish the mission.

I really don't want to go but I've kind of backed myself into a corner so I'll execute. I'll be out of contact until March 8th. My family will be here so if you want to call or stop by, please do.

I love you guys. Keep the blog alive watch the bottom line.

Grant

7 comments:

somestratt said...

"YOU WILL SURVIVE, AND NO MATTER WHAT, I WILL FIND YOU" ok, so I am no cute indian boy, and you are definatley no sexy english girl, but at least the first part applies. Good luck with what does indeed sound like a form of Hell. i guess some people have to get the kicks somehow. But really, good luck G.

Cindy said...

Good luck Grant! Hope it's not quite as bad as it sounds!

Jeremy said...

Well on a positive note, at least after you will have a different rank no? love you bro. Be safe and exceptional.

Nanna said...

We love you, son, and will keep you and your little family in our prayers. When you got done we'll be in Utah with you.

See you soon,

DAD and Ramona

Nathan and Margaret said...

Grant, my prayers are so going to be with you. I'll pray for you to find a different way to do impossible things. you have always had kind of a different brain anyway. I'll pray for you to remember that they mean the constant failure to be building you in some way so that it will build you up instead of tearing you down. So much love!!!!

abstowe said...

Just remember, Grant, that you are married to a SAINT of a woman!!! To be willing to stay home with the kids for months at a time really takes, umm, guts. Yes, guts. Remember to thank her for being so patient with your career.

AmShaZam said...

We'll be thinking of you, praying for you. Good luck and we'll try to visit the girls when we can. Come back soon and with your self-esteem intact, hopefully.