Friday, January 11, 2008

Fun for the blog


So, since we finally got our camera cord I can now show everyone what could happen if you let Brent and I borrow your vehicle. We went to a pumpkin patch about an hour away in October and Carrie (Brents sister who is living with us) was babysitting a kid from the ward. She had also invited a friend to come, so we ended up having too many people for our minivan. The parents of the kid she was watching offered their SUV and we accepted. Unfortunately on our way home some kids ran a redlight directly into our path and we proceeded to hit them going around 40mph. Luckily nobody was hurt. I wonder how this would have been in our van?

4 comments:

AmShaZam said...

Probably a great blessing it WASN'T your van! I think the SUV took the beating much better than the minivan would have.

somestratt said...

That is what we thought. And luckily that is also what the owners of the SUV thought too. They were feeling grateful that their baby was in their car and not ours.

Cindy said...

I'm really impressed that someone had the presence of mind to videotape the poor suv!

somestratt said...

Ah, the glory of having a brain. That was me. We were just sitting there on the sidewalk and I had my camera so I though, I should snap some pictures. I got video instead. It may actually prove invaluable though, since the kid who ran the red light is trying to contest the ticket. One excuse he used is that he didn't see us because we didn't have our headlights on. DO YOU REALLY THINK WE NEEDED OUR HEADLIGHTS!