Thursday, January 3, 2008

nuttin but muttin to eat













Jenny and I hadn't planned on going anywhere for Christmas, since her doctor has advised us to err on the side of doing less. This season usually allows two four day Holidays, one for Christmas, one for New Years, but here at flight school, if you don't take leave over those two freebies, you have to do funeral details. I ended up having to burn ten days of leave to get my 8 free days off just to stay at home. Bummer.
That being said, being at home was nice, restive. Christmas was great, and it was nice to see Cali so excited with Christmas. We decided it was time for Cali to get a pet. We got her a gerbil. It's name is Jeremy. He is so cute and loves to run around his exercise wheel. Cali is teaching him how to sing and do stand up comedy. He's a rad pet.
We just upped and went to Disney World on the 26th and stayed at the totally rad Shades of Green military hotel at the park, we already had tickets, so just had to pay for the hotel. We got Jenny an electric cart so she didn't have to walk. We didn't do so many rides, mainly the Safari ride, small world, and the marry go round, um elevendy billion times. Cali likes melly go lounds (that's chinese for... you get it.) Anyway, now it's back to class. Happi Knew Yeer's'!!

9 comments:

abstowe said...

Ben, You are so funny! I especially love your new gerbil, Jeremy.....
Your disneyworld trip sounds a bit tame, but I bet Cali loved it.

Cindy said...

Ben, I can't believe that Cali is so big! Good job getting Jenny out of the house--I'll bet she was ready for a change of scenery!

Jeremy said...

Ben, Jeremy here, thats funny as crap that I now have a gerbil with the same name in the family. Whats the story behind that?
love ya

Jeremy said...

LOL (this is Maria) Tell Callie that I have been trying to teach my Jeremy those things too.

somestratt said...

Maria, that is great!!!

Apache Watsons said...

Jeremy, um... it was, uh... supposed to... uh, be funny. We thought that, uh... since you had a... um pet named after CALI, that, um... Cali should have a.. um pet named... um... after you. ;) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cindy said...

Ok, Ben & Jenny--I am LOL about that one! Indeed--turnabout is fair play!!

Jeremy said...

Were loving it in Rexburg, Great Idea.

Nathan and Margaret said...

I think the Jenny riding the scooter thing was a stroke of genious. I am sitting here steaming that in all the six pregancies I did - nobody thought of that! Geeeeeezzze!!!!