Monday, November 5, 2007

And this is why we live in North Carolina...

There are days in the summer that I don't particularly love North Carolina. Late July when it's been dry for too long, when my kids are tired of going to the pool, and when all it takes is walking to the car to need another shower.

But the rest of the time I just love it here. Saturday afternoon we went on a 1.5 mile hike along the river looking for signs of fall. It was in the high 60's, there was a small breeze, and it was beautiful.

The kids were particular entertained by seeing a group of turtles sunning on a log in the middle of the river. At least until I got something stuck in my throat and started coughing loudly and the turtles all decided it was time for a swim!

3 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

Oh, you make me sick. It's like 10 degrees here. (OK, at least 40.)

Cindy said...

I have 2 words for you, my darling daughter. Durham Tech.

:)

cindy baldwin said...

I have two words for you, my darling mother:

HECK YES!