Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuesday Woes Revised


So, Monday was pretty good. I decided that it was time for me to try my hand at potty training Lilly. I actually started on Friday, but lost patience FAST. However, yesterday went really well. We had 2 #1's and 1 #2 in the potty. All with lots of crying, and lots of mad dashes to the bathroom. Well. I guess today is just bound to be crappy. It rained all night, so it is gloomy outside. We worked hard to get Hunter ready for school, only to remember 15 minutes before bus time that there is not school today. And Lilly has already driven me crazy with the potty training and I have once again vowed to give up forever. I will teach her to change her own diapers and she can wear them until she grows into Depends for all I care. Ugh. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Nanna said...

Laila,

When I was potty trining Erin I read the book "How to Potty Train Your Child in 24 Hours or Less". What a bunch of baloney! By the end of the 24 hours I was ready to kill her! The basis of the book is that you give a cookie to your child everytime she uses the potty correctly. By the end of the day we had a stack of wet training pants, and she had climbed up into the cupboard and raided the cookie jar! I finally decided to let it happen in her own time. 2 weeks later she asked to go to the potty and never returned to a diaper!

somestratt said...

Oh, I wish so badly for that to happen. She seems deathly afraid to use the bathroom. Even with success, and treats, and praise she hates it. Oh well, I guess we will see.....

abstowe said...

Try a little bit each day and one day she will "get it" just a little bit more. Don't push too hard, or they push right back and decide to NEVER potty train. Save sugar treats for potty time ONLY. Still give her plenty of snacks, but when she wants sugar, remind her about the potty treats.
If all these don't work, stock up on those depends!

AmShaZam said...

Sadly, my advise for you is much like everyone else's. Give it time and when she's ready, she'll come around. We potty trained Elaina later- like, just a few months before she turned three, and she caught right on and was mortified with herself when she had accidents. Now Carter, on the other hand, didn't care...

Cindy said...

Laila,

I love your graphic! Better even than a picture! I'm so sorry that Lilly isn't up for the naked potty training experience!!!

somestratt said...

I am actually going to take her in to see if she has a bladder infection tomorrow. That could help.