Monday, November 5, 2007

Remodeling in Smithfield House








Here's some pictures of our remodeling project in our Smithfield house. Notice the before (on top) and after pictures of our kitchen. We tore out the cabinets and put in a whole new arrangement, removing the bar area and making it one large flat counter, and putting in a whole new bank of cupboards above the stove area. The countertops are Corian (less expensive than granite). Notice the intricate tile work we did on the backsplash. Your Dad even put in under-the-counter lighting! Not bad, if we say so ourselves! We're getting pretty good at this remodeling stuff. We really hated to lock up the house and let someone else live in it before we even got a chance to try it out for ourselves. Oh well.




The other is a picture of the bathroom we remodeled. We put in a new countertop and repeated the tile work we have in the kitchen. This bathroom is right off the kitchen, so we wanted them to match. Not bad, huh?

5 comments:

somestratt said...

Ramona, You guys do some great work! I love the tile work, and have decided that it is one of the easiest ways to update and beautify. Thanks for the pics.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! Now I see what Dad was saying about the cabinets being "propped" up above the bar. I have never seen that before--what a strange way to do it!!

It all looks very beautiful now. Will you guys come help me put in a tile backsplash in my kitchen??? (Please!!) I can see that we will all be standing in line for Dad & Ramona's remodeling services!

abstowe said...

Ramona,
I always think of your house in Ut as the Smith Fieldhouse. Too many years at BYU???
I was wondering, though, what do you like better about the counter with one level as opposed to the 2 level counter? We are still trying to decide what kind we want to do.
And did you look at the pictures of our new house?

Cindy said...

Andra, that is so funny, because that's what Russ thought I was saying the other night!!

Katie wanted the flat 1-level counter like Dad & Ramona put in, but her builder did the 2 level one so that the wouldn't have to have the more expensive oven. Apparently it's more $$ to have the totally flat on top oven. For Katie's house I would probably wish it was flat because there's not a lot of room around the stove and so it feels kind of crowded & easily messy. Nancy, on the other hand, has the 2 levels and I really love it. And I of course have the flat one and love that too. Maybe I'm just asy to please! ;)

Cindy said...

and easy to please as well!